Good morning Happy Hoppers, Moms and Dads.
We hope you are all healthy and keeping fit! 💪
Let us start our days with our morning ring time. 🎼🧮
Our theme this week is Construction, Buildings and Factories! 👷♀👷🏗️🚧🚩🌆🏭👨🏭👩🏭
1. What is construction?
The action of building something, typically a large structure. 🏗️🏬
2. Talk about the different vehicles and materials used on a construction site.
Vehicles: Front loaders, Bulldozers, Dump Trucks, Graders, Cranes, Compactors, Excavators, Forklifts, Concrete mixer etc. 🚚🚧
Materials: Wood, cement, metals, bricks concrete, clay 🛠️🧲⛓️🧱🧰⚙️
3. What is a building?
A building is a structure with a roof and walls, such as a house or factory.🏘️🏚️
4. What is a factory?
A factory is a building or group of buildings where goods are manufactured (made) or assembled (put together) mostly by machines.🏭👨🏭
5. Discuss how buildings and homes are built, what is needed to build a house?
– First – open piece of land, clear the land, layout the plan/house drawing.📝
– Dig trenches🕳️ for the foundation, reinforce (make stronger) with metal, lay conduit for pluming and electricity cables, then lay the cement known as the foundation and end is a slab.
– Build the inner walls🧱, cater for plumbing and plugs.🔌💡🚽
– Add windows, door frames and ceilings. 🚪
– Plaster the inner walls, Primer (paint first coat onto the walls)🎨🖌️
– All cupboards to be added
– Screed the floor – make the floor level and smooth, to tile / carpet etc.
– Close up the house by adding in the doors and glass windows.
– Paint inside, carpet and tile.
– Clean and move in.🧼🧹🧽📦🥡
6. All about factories; what gets made in a factory?🏭
Paper, cars, toys, food, etc🗞️🚙🪀🧸🍭🥜
See exercise below.
Colour of the week is;
Brown – find 5 brown items in your house or garden or both, twice this week, they must all be different. 📦🧸🥜🧱🚪
Shape of the week is;
Oval (Egg shape) – Trace an egg. 🥚
Count 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 – Clap 7 times.👏👏
Count backwards: 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
– Write a number 2 on paper and then on mommies / daddies back too🕑. This is a great fine motor activity and you get to enjoy some back tickles too! 😉
Letter of the week is:
Cc – Conveyor belt
Sing our Jolly Phonics song – see the picture attached with the words or use the YouTube link.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday too, Thursday, Friday the week is nearly through, Saturday and Sunday are our restful days, AND THEN THE WEEK BEGINS AGAIN!
Jolly Phonics – Alphabet song Cc – Clicking castanets
What month are we in? June!
Sing the month of the year songs.
Construction Truck action Rhyme: See PDF Upload.
Bob the Builder series is a lovely kid’s series.
– A Tooty Ta
– Going on a Bear Hunt
– I’m a Gummi Bear
1. Spatial awareness / Gross motor exercise:
Build an obstacle course using objects in your home e.g;
– A chair to crawl under
– Throw a pair of socks into the laundry basket 🧺
– Move swiftly while balancing a pair of socks on your head 🧦
– Do bunny hops from one rock to the other🐇
– “Rollie Pollie” (remember to tuck your head in between your legs to kiss your bum)
2. Cutting fine motor activity ✂️✂️✂️
– Paste an A4 piece of paper at the end of a table and cut straight lines, to make it easier, draw straight lines on the paper so your child can see and follow the line. Remember elbows need to be TUCKED INWARDS, close to your body at all times.
3. Letter Cc activity
– Use bits and bobs from your garden such as sticks, sand, rocks and leaves and paste them in your letter C (Find image attached)⏳
4. Reggio inspired – Play dough activity- Create something that links to our theme e;g
A house, buildings, trucks, construction tools etc.🏭🚚👩🚒⚒️
An easy Play dough recipe:
2 cups all – purpose flour
¾ cup salt
4 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 cups lukewarm water
2 tbs of vegetable oil (coconut oil works too)
Food colouring, optional
Plastic bags/ wax paper
Stir together the flour, salt and cream of tartar in a large pot. Next, add the water and oil. If you are only making one colour, add in the food colouring now. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue stirring until the dough has thickened and begins to form into a ball. Remove from heat and place inside a plastic bag or wax paper. Allow to cool slightly and then knead until smooth. If you are adding colours after, divide the dough into balls (for how many colours you want) and then add the dough into the plastic bag. Start with 5 drops of colour and add more to brighten it. Knead the dough while inside the bag so it doesn’t stain your hands. Once it’s all mixed together you’re ready to play! Store Play dough inside the bags once done to keep soft.
If you have your own recipe that’s easier please use and share!
5. Build a fort using chairs and blankets, snap some photos and share with your teachers and friends.
Lots of love,
Different Strokes Montessori
#dsm #parents #students #montessori
Share on the following social media:[DISPLAY_ULTIMATE_SOCIAL_ICONS]